– For coughs, bronchitis
For one cup of thyme tea, use:
– 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried thyme leaf
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) water
* You can buy dried thyme at the pharmacy or you can collect the thyme herbs yourself from their natural habitat and dry them.
– Heat water to boiling and then pour it over the thyme
– Infuse for about 10 minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients)
– Drink thyme tea several times a day (till 6 times per day). Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a more personalized dose.
– You can cover the cup of tea thyme with a saucer to avoid the evaporation of volatile oils.
– You can add some honey in the cup of tea, for a sweet flavor.
– Thyme acts as an antitussive (cough suppressant) and expectorant.