For coughs and bronchitis
For one cup of lungwort tea, use:
– 2/5 teaspoon (around 2 grams) of *dried lungwort leaves
– Some mint leaves (to improve the bitter taste of the lungwort tea)
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) of water
* You can buy dried lungwort leaves at the pharmacy or you can collect the lungwort leaves yourself from their natural habitat and dry them.
– Heat water to boiling then pour it over the lungwort and mint leaves.
– Infuse for about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients).
– We know that honey has a positive effect on a cough; so you can always add a spoonful of honey to your tea to amplify the cough mixture effect of this preparation.
– Drink lungwort tea several times a day. Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a more personalized dose.
See also: bronchial tea