Witch hazel tea
– For hemorrhoids, vein problems, mouth ulcer
For one cup of witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) tea use:
– 1/5 to 2/5 teaspoon (1 to 2 grams) of *dried witch hazel leaves photo)
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) of water (more for hip baths)
* You can buy dried witch hazel leaves at the pharmacy.
– Heat water to boiling then pour it over the dried witch hazel leaves.
– Infuse for about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients)
External use of witch hazel
– For external hemorrhoids, witch hazel hip bath can provide soothing relief. In this case, use the witch hazel infusion (tea) as prepared above.
Internal use of witch hazel (tea)
– Drink one cup 3 times a day between meals for hemorrhoids or tired legs. You can use it also against mouth ulcer (gargle).