St. John’s Wort Tea
For one cup of St. John’s wort tea, use:
– 2/5 to 4/5 teaspoon (2 to 4 grams) of dried St. John’s wort flowers
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) of water
* You can buy dried St. John’s wort flowers (flowering tops) at the pharmacy or you can collect the St. John’s wort flowers yourself from their natural habitat and dry them.
– Heat water to boiling and then pour it over the dried St. John’s wort flowers.
– Infuse for about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients).
Note: the effect of this tea can only be seen after 2 to 3 weeks, so be patient!
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a more personalized dose.