St. John’s Wort Tea
For one cup of St. John’s wort tea, use:
– 2/5 to 4/5 teaspoon (2 to 4 grams) of dried St. John’s wort flowers
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) of water
You can buy dried St. John’s wort flowers (flowering tops) at the pharmacy or you can collect the St. John’s wort flowers yourself from their natural habitat and dry them. Dry the flowers in the shade outside or use a dehydrator set on a low heat. Make sure they are completely dry before using.
– Heat water to boiling and then pour it over the dried St. John’s wort flowers.
– Infuse for about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients).
– Drink 1 to 3 cups of St. John’s wort tea per day. For mild (or moderate) depression, it is recommended to drink 3 cups a day (morning, noon and evening).
– The effect of this tea can only be seen after 2 to 3 weeks, so be patient!
– Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a more personalized dose.
– For a more marked effect of St. John’s wort, it is preferable to take capsules or tablets of this plant. St. John’s wort tea therefore has a lower level of active ingredients. Talk to your pharmacist to find the most suitable preparation for your situation.
– St. John’s wort is an easy-to-grow plant.
January 06, 2023
Literature on medicinal plants.