For one cup of sage tea, use:
– 1 tablespoon (1 to 1.5 grams) of dried sage leaves or 2 tablespoons of fresh sage leaves
– Around 6.76 fl. oz. (200 mL) of water
– Heat water to boiling then pour it over the sage leaves.
– Infuse for about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of the active ingredients)
– Drink a cup several times a day for chills or sore throat (also to be used as a gargle (3 times a day with sage tea).
– According to a study published in the European Journal of Medical Research in september 2009, an echinacea/sage preparation was as efficacious and well tolerated as a chlorhexidine/lidocaine spray in the treatment of acute sore throats.
– Sage tea is contra-indicated in case of pregnancy
– Avoid consuming this tea over a long period (several months).