– Rich in iron (may have an effect on anemia, but be careful to have iron levels checked by a doctor and if necessary take iron-based medications)
For nettle soup, for about 3 people, you need:
– 0.66 lb. (300 grams) of (fresh) nettles
– 0.55 lb. (250 grams) of potatoes
– 50.7 fl. oz. (1.5 liter) of water
– A pinch of salt
1. Remove the stems from the nettle leaves (use gloves)
2. Wash the nettle leaves carefully (note: nettles are known to sting; to avoid this problem, leave the nettle leaves in warm water for a moment)
3. Finely chop the nettle leaves
4. Slice the potatoes into roundels
5. Put the nettle leaves and the potatoes in a saucepan with water and cook on low heat for 20 mins. Add a little stock and salt.
6. If necessary, put the mixture in the blender or serve directly.
7. Add a little butter, cream and/or pepper.