Tincture of arnica
– 2 teaspoons (10 grams) of *dried arnica flowers
– 3.4 fl. oz. (100 mL) of 70% alcohol
* You can buy dried arnica flowers at the pharmacy (also in the “droguerie” in Switzerland and the herbalist’s shop in France) or collect them from their natural habitat and dry them. But take note: it seems that in nature arnica is a rare plant, so it is better to buy it at the pharmacy so as to limit the disappearance of this plant. You can also buy tincture of arnica already prepared at the pharmacy.
– Steep the arnica flowers for 5 days in 3.4 fl. oz. (100 mL) of 70% alcohol. Filter. This is how you get tincture of arnica.
– Before applying, it is preferable to dilute the tincture of arnica prepared as above, 5:1 (1 part tincture to 5 parts water) and apply this mixture as a compress to the appropriate are
– Apply the tincture of arnica mixture and water prepared above as a compress, directly to the appropriate area (bruise,….) 3 to 4 times a day (changing the compress each time).